When was the last time you sat down to watch Doctor Who expecting to learn something new and exciting about science? Now, when was the last time you found yourself scratching your head at the form of “science” you were actually handed? We have all come to expect that we need to suspend disbelief to enjoy a program about a time-traveling alien with a police booth for a spaceship, but how far are we really expected to suspend it for a show that is, by genre, science fiction?
This week, we discuss those episodes that push viewers out to the very edge of believable science, and then give an extra nudge for good measure. From the oft-maligned “Kill the Moon”, to “Closing Time” to “Carnival of Monsters”, we discuss all the episodes that make us look around in confusion and say, “…what?”
- New Book to (Further) Address the Science of Doctor Who
- Meet…Dalek Gary
- Rachel Talalay Given the Director’s Chair For Another Finale
- Capaldi Discusses (A LOT About) Series 9
- The Cornell Collective
- Doctor Who Funko Pop Wave 2
- Is It Confirmed? Davros in S9?