When there’s something strange, in your subaquatic base, who you gonna call? It’s a long-established tradition that the Doctor takes some satisfaction in debunking claims of ghosts and ghouls, explaining them away as anomalies in an individual’s progression through time, residual echoes of energy in the continuum, or simply a hologram that Old Man Crebbins was using in the barn to keep those meddling kids away from the abandoned amusement park. So what happens when the first person to emphatically (and enthusiastically) embrace the ‘ghost’ explanation…is the Doctor?
This week, we plunge into the murky depths of a Scottish loch with Toby Whithouse’s first script for Series 9, Under the Lake. From the uncomfortable but necessary ‘authority check’ between Doctor and Clara, to the spooky cliffhanger that will have us questioning everything for another week, we’re continuing to love the tone, format, and direction of the new series in its entirety.
- Doctor Who Spin-Off Series “Class” Coming to BBC Three in 2016
- The Doctor’s Solo Episode This Series Won’t Be a “White Room” Story
- Treat Yo Self! Doctor Who LEGO to Be Available on December 1
- Is the TARDIS Door Open For Multiple Companions?
- The Eighth Doctor. The Time War. Need We Say More?
- Once Again, ‘The Mirror’ Warns of Doom and Gloom For Doctor Who